Rankin Industries Complete Piston Driven Upper Receiver Group – 5.56 – 16 inch Barrel
The perfect upper for your lower, without all the tools required to build it. Our complete upper receivers are made from the highest quality USA produced components out there. All of our complete uppers are fully assembled, test fired, and ready to pin to the lower receiver of your choice. As with all of our products, these are guaranteed for life.
- Upper Receiver
- 16″ 4150CMV Barrel – 1:7 twist – mid-length piston system – nitride finish
- 13″ free float MLOK hand guard with one rail section
- Forged 7075-T6 upper receiver – hard coat anodized
- Nitride finish BCG with 9310 bolt
- A2 flash hider
- 100% USA made
THE SUPERLATIVE ARMS PATENTED “BLEED OFF”, GAS PISTON SYSTEM FOR THE AR15 PLATFORM ADJUSTS THE GAS FLOW BY BLEEDING THE GAS OUT OF THE BLOCK INSTEAD OF RESTRICTING THE FLOW LIKE CONVENTIONAL ADJUSTABLE BLOCKS. RESULTS:
- The pressure used in the block is reduced only to the amount required to drive the bolt carrier. The remaining gas / pressure are bled out of the block allowing the system to run much cleaner and cooler.
- Reduction of felt recoil.
- Patented adjustment detent is located outside of the block and therefore no contamination.
- The gas adjustment screw does not restrict the gas flow; therefore there is no erosion or seizing of the screw / no loss of detent due to carbon build up. Although it is removable, we have added a safety mechanism, which stops you from unintentionally backing the screw all the way out.
- When using SBR’s and / or suppressors the bleed off port allows the excessive pressure to be exhausted out of the block reducing blow back.
Rob Mccue reviewed Superlative Arms — 5 star I have ran many of piston systems from LWRC to pws….and hands down this is the most advanced system….clean running..smooth ..solid built…and most of all light weight…. the key to the success of this system is the patented bleed off. All the excess gas and heat are all bleed off through a forward exhaust port… which means no heat transfer from the barrel to the rail. No gloves needed on this system. I shot 3-30 round mags consecutively in full auto with a LWRC 10.5in… I could not hold the rail due to the heat… I ran the same style upper in full auto with superlative arms adjustable gas piston system. The only thing that was hot was the compensator. I’ve never experienced a system run like this in my 35 years of shooting.. I would recommend this to every shooter. And for the guys that are direct impingement fanatics. They also make an adjustable DI block with the bleed off. This as well outperformed my expectations. Mr russo thank you for the finest piston system on the market.